Patient-Centered Medical Home
Welcome to Your Patient-Centered Medical Home
Patient-Centered Medical Homes are improving the way healthcare is delivered. A growing body of evidence shows PCMHs lower healthcare costs by reducing hospital and emergency department visits, mitigating health disparities, and improving outcomes.
The benefits to you, as the patient, include:
- Better access to care through expanded hours and online access to your health information through our secure patient portal.
- Greater collaboration with your care team and shared decision-making.
- Coordinated care from a multi-disciplinary team practicing evidence-based medicine with clinical decision support tools to manage chronic conditions and to keep you healthy.
- Fewer trips to the hospital or emergency department.
Furthermore, patients who receive care from a PCMH:
- Stay healthier by receiving preventive care and screenings at a greater level than patients who do not receive care from a PCMH.
- Are better connected to their care team because communication is a core value of the PCMH model. This results in greater access to clinical advice and health information, including medical records.
- Receive the guidance and care needed to effectively manage chronic conditions. Based on clinical research, PCMHs are especially helpful to patients with complex chronic conditions.
- Have a better overall healthcare experience. In fact, when medical home attributes are described to people, they say it is the type of care they prefer to receive.
In addition to the benefits to patient care, the PCMH model has tangible benefits for providers and care teams. As a PCMH, we are supporting healthcare innovation to improve healthcare delivery, and our clinicians can see benefits like enhanced reimbursement, and the ability to focus on patient care at a greater level.
It is the mission of CHCCW to provide affordable and high-quality patient care with a comprehensive range of health care services for residents of Central Wyoming, regardless of income, treating all patients with compassion, dignity, and respect.